When you think of a storage facility, you most likely think of a place to house unused furniture, clothes, and other belongings that either don’t fit into your house or are simply not being used at the moment. But Affordable Storage in Lubbock offers more than just a place to stash your stuff. You can also rent shops, shop warehouse, and storefronts from us.
Whether you have a hobby, a side gig, or a full-time hustle, we offer an option to help. With 10 locations in and around Lubbock offering some or all of the shop options, there’s a convenient space for you to run your business from. Even as digital markets grow, there are many reasons why having a physical shop location for your customers can visit in person is still the best way to sell your products. And even if you’re not selling actual products out of a storefront, many businesses need a place to store extra items.
Side Gigs You Can Run from Shops or Shop Warehouses
Affordable Storage shop rentals range from 625 to 1,800 square feet and can be rented with or without restrooms. They all come with 14-foot overhead doors to make loading supplies easier and concrete driveways for parking ease. They all offer both 110V and 220V electrical outlets, which adds to the variety of businesses that can be operated, and 24-hour surveillance ensures security.
The combination of all these features makes renting a shop perfect for:
- Equipment storage
- Dry goods backstock
- Storing business inventory or hobby supplies
- Overnight parking for company vehicles or trailers
- Man-caves and she-sheds
- Whatever other business or hobby storage needs you might think of
Businesses and hobbies that shops and shop warehouses are perfect for include:
- T-shirt printing
- Repair shop (non-automotive)
- Many more!
Side Hustles with a Phone and a Storefront
Ranging in size from 600 to 1,800 square feet for regular storefronts and 1,250 to 1,500 square feet for premium storefronts, Affordable Storage can accommodate just about any client-facing store your business requires. Our storefronts are less expensive than commercial real estate while still offering the same amenities.
Regular storefronts offer:
- Glass front doors
- Private restrooms
- 110V and 220V outlets
- Concrete driveways
- 14-foot overhead doors
Our premium storefronts offer all the above amenities, plus:
- Larger square footage
- Attractive stone columns out front
- Side locations that provide convenient access for your customers
Storefronts are great for any business from retail shops to office space to warehouse storage. Some ideas for businesses you could run from our storefronts include:
- Fitness products—What fitness junkie doesn’t love to explore a store full of workout clothes, water bottles, and heart rate monitors?
- Bookstore—Independent, niche bookstores with unusual titles and cozy reading spaces are making a comeback.
- Jewelry store—Jewelry stores are among the most profitable with amazing growth projections over the next few years.
- Clothing boutique—Everyone likes new clothes!
- Co-op or community space—Provide a space for local hobbyists to come together, talk shop, and sell their products. Host pop-up shops or offer consignment space to local artisans to display their wares.
- Local goods—Locals and visitors alike enjoy a good Lubbock brand. Why not pull a few together into one Lubbock local shop.
- Personal styling—As we already said, everyone likes new clothes. But not all of us know how to pull a look together. Personal stylists are more popular than ever, so if you’re good with fashion, why not put a shingle out and help the fashion-challenged?
- Home goods—When you’re in the mood for a design refresh for you home, where do you shop? How about at a locally owned home goods store?
- Children’s products—As long as there are children, parents and grandparents will buy stuff for them.
- Nostalgia—When your products bring up great memories from years past, customers are sure to buy, buy, buy.
- Pet products—Pet owners love their fur babies, and they’ll happily shop for food, clothing, toys, and other products for Fido or Kitty.
- Health and wellness—From health food to supplements and energy products, we all like to feel like we’re purchasing products that are good for our bodies.
- Used goods/resale shop—Online reselling is an exploding business, from Ebay to Facebook Marketplace. But it’s not always convenient to photograph, package, and ship all the stuff you want to get rid of. And it’s not always easy for purchasers to determine the quality of the item being sold through online photos. Sometimes being able to see, touch, and purchase immediately is a huge advantage. Everyone loves a good thrift store!
- Anything else you can dream up!
If you’ve been dreaming of leaving the 9-to-5 office grind behind to turn your passion into a business, grab your phone, lease a shop, shop warehouse, or storefront, and make your dream a reality! The perfect time to start your own business is always right now! You don’t need to know everything about running a business to become an entrepreneur. You just need a dream, a drive to succeed, your cell phone, and the right location! You supply the first three, but we’ve got you covered for location!